Sunday 18 December 2011

It’s the most wonderful time of the year

Christmas has always been my favourite holiday since I was a little girl. I loved the idea of receiving gifts from Santa, watching the hustle and bustle of people doing their Christmas shopping. There was always a special feeling in the air at this time of year. So Christmas has always been a magical experience for me.
As I got older I started to understand the true meaning of Christmas, why we actually celebrate it to begin with. When I was able to completely understand this, Christmas became all that more important to me. Although everyone has their own believes and some don’t believe in or celebrate Christmas. Being brought up in a Christian family Christmas has become more of time about thinking the lessons of the bible and giving thanks to God. Instead of thinking more about Santa and the gifts, although there still is all the traditional activities I enjoy related top Christmas time.

There are many different family activities I enjoy at this time of the year. Each different one has its own special meaning for me related to Christmas. So I thought it would be a nice idea to share some of them with you.

1.       My first favourite activity to do is sit on the sofa and watch all different films. This film may not be very Christmassy; it is always on television this time of year. So my favourite film to watch since I was little is The Secret Garden. If you haven’t seen it already, I definitely suggest you rent it out to watch.


2.       Christmas isn’t Christmas if you don’t decorate your house and put up the Christmas tree. Ever since I was little we had the tradition of always putting up the tree on the second Saturday in December. This is always an eventful experience, as I years doesn’t go by that we argue about how the lights or meant to go or if there be a star or an angel on the top of the Christmas. Once everything is said and done, it does give the house a Christmassy feel to it.


3.       At Christmas there is always great music played with wonderful songs showing the true meaning of Christmas. Recently I have been really into playing the Everly Fireside Christmas album, so if you haven’t got it already it is a must order. Mostly I love going to my local church and going to the Carols by Candle light service.


4.       The most important part for Christmas day for me, is going to Church on Christmas morning. Spending the rest of my day surrounding by family, giving and receiving gifts from one and other. Getting the time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas with the people I love the most in my life.

Those are just a few of the experiences that make Christmas so special for me. If you celebrate it or not I hope its still a special time of year for you to spend with your family, before we are bringing in the next year together. Whatever you are doing this Christmas time, I hope you all have a great Holiday Season.

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment